Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Breckenridge*


Dave and Dawn flew in from Cali last weekend for a little mini vaca with us (and Brian and Michelle) in Breckenridge. We picked them up from the airport on Friday, rented a nice little house only a few blocks from downtown and had such a relaxing time. Lots of soaking in the hot tub, sitting by the fire, eating yummy meals, and great conversations.
I did go on a little run but was sucking air from the high altitude. My lungs were burning, I was coughing like crazy. It felt terrible.
A week from Sunday is the BIG marathon day. I think I'm ready, my 20 mile jaunt a couple weeks ago was successful so I think I'm now ready for the real deal. Now I'm just cutting back on the mileage. Cutting back makes me feel like I'm being lazy but I guess it's what I'm supposed to be doing. My parents fly in next Friday, this was a good excuse for them to come into town for the weekend.
Only 2 weeks of school left!
summer is almost here!

No comments: