Tuesday, September 9, 2008

TwO*PaiNtInGs.

I worked on these two little wood panel paintings this last weekend and will be putting them in the ShOp towards the end of the week once I finish them. This little birdie was already on the panel when I bought it but thought it needed some pretties to gaze at. I'm tempted to keep it for myself, it seems to scratch the bird itch I seem to be having lately. And this little treat, also on a wood panel, I painted and then sanded to appear a bit worn.
"just feel each day.." a motto my husband is always mumbling on about..
He always says it's not necessarily important to "enjoy" your day, but to FEEL every single part of it, to live it and experience it. Our days aren't always enjoyable but if we at least work at feeling them we might find enjoyment in just that. HaPPY TuesDAY!

7 comments:

Jennifer Coomer said...

LOVE them both. Especially the bird. Here's a thought for some bird inspiration: white peacocks. I’ll email some pictures.

Beth Hikes said...

I love the top painting with the bird. The composition and colors are wonderful!

Ivy@PaperElixir said...

Wow, that birdie is gorgeous! I think you should keep the original and maybe make some prints out of it and sell those :)

Anonymous said...

love both paintings but especially the "just feel each day" painting!

Unknown said...

How I agree so much to just feel, Once you tap into that life starts to have all those wonderful meanings:)

I love the use of wood panels and think that top one is so great:))

molly | mommycoddle.com said...

these are beautiful! your art work is so neat. I'm definitely a big fan of anything "birdy", too!

Edleen said...

they're both Awesome! love the colours on the second one :)

have a wonderful weekend!