Wednesday, August 1, 2007

*Vintage Pretties**

I was looking in the closet this weekend and found a few things my mom sent me a few months ago. Vintage silhouette's and handmade doilies, they were my Grandma Zoe's. Last time we were in Idaho I started going through my Grandma's old cedar chest that has been in the attic of my parents garage for as long as I can remember. I spent a few days while we were up there going through old old family photos and all kinds of treasures. I brought quite a few home and haven't really done anything with them yet. I hung a few of the pictures (I'll have to post photos for you ma,) but not really sure what to do with the rest. Old bottles, lanterns, linens, fun stuff. These silhouettes have got to be worth some money. I'll have to go on e-bay and see how much people pay for these things. It would be fun to make one.. paint a silhouette on some glass, put a fun pic behind it. They sort of seem like something you would find at Anthropologie, for 130 bucks.

My doily sculpture. I think they look more interesting hanging from something. Actually the longer I look at this picture it looks more and more like a mop head.



1 comment:

cara harjes said...

well, yes, but a VINTAGE mophead!!!!