Friday, October 10, 2008

PaSteLs in the FaLL**

Pastels are perfect for fall.

They're messy, dry, chalky and oh so delightful, something about their dryness and flakiness reminds me of this time of year.
I'm teaching the 4th graders about blind contour drawings and thought I'd do a little practicing myself. Also, something fun.... if you're not busy next Thursday the 16th come to the Highlands (32nd and Lowell). Rejuvanest, a super cute boutique asked me to be their featured artist this month! I'll have tons of prints from my Etsy shop available and a few originals I've been working on the last couple of weeks. Jeanne Connelly from Vintage Renewal will have some of her awesome furniture. It should be a really fun time. Come if you can 5-8pm. Vito and I are working at the Great American Beer Festival tonight to help Dry Dock pour samples. Should be quite the adventure. Over 400 breweries will be there, should be fUn!
Have a great WeEkEnD!

6 comments:

please sir said...

Oh wow - love those furniture pieces! thanks so much for visiting!

cara harjes said...

fun pastel projects!
so excited for you this week - i hope to be able to make it towards the end after my little stint over at DA - or maybe i can meet you up there in the highlands for a drink after you are done?

also, i must own that bottom chair.

Edleen said...

how cool are those project? and i love those furniture!!! we've got one or two here @ home ;)

hope you had a Super Weekend!

Claire, said...

Thank you for tagging me, I'm thrilled you'd consider me taggable!
Blind contour drawing is an excellent exercise, I should practice too.

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

cool project...I'm sure the kids enjoy you as their teacher...got an apple before? Teachers r the best! I loved all my art teachers!!!

Dallas Shaw said...

great pics- love the one of the pastels